NEED A BREAK?
Respite - temporary relief for families and caregivers, is a service in which care is provided to children and adults with special needs.
What is the Saturday Respite Program?
All parents and caregivers need a break on occasion. And those living with and caring for children and young adults with Special Needs are even more in need of a break! This Program is designed for them - quality care, available every Saturday,cost effective, easy to receive, and fun!
How Do I Sign Up?
- Complete and return some easy paperwork
- Call and reserve your spot
- Pay the $35 fee in advance or on the day of participation
- Every Saturday,from 10 a.m. until 3 p.m.
- Special needs kids ages 5 and older
- Special needs young adults
- Social interaction for clients
- Fun activities planned
- Pizza and soda lunch included
- Christian environment
The program is coordinated with the Next Step Ministries staff. The Respite Program is supervised by staff and supported by volunteers. Visitors from the community may provide special activities such as music. Happy Tails (Pet Therapy) visit the third Saturday of the month.
What Do I Bring?
- Change of clothes that may be needed
- Personal hygiene items
- Lunch (only if pizza and soda don't work for your child)
- Any specialized equipment needed for the care of your child
WE NEED YOUR HELP!
Do you have time, talent or treasures to donate?
Do you know someone who could benefit from this program?
Next Step Ministries is dedicated to providing a practical support system to families and caregivers with a special needs child tor young adult, while allowing the Light of Christ to shine through us.
In addition to the Saturday Respite Program, we offer a Therapeutic Day Program for Special Needs Young Adults.